HNDIT program at SLIATE is aimed to prepare students to enter industry as middle level IT professional required for the new millennium. This program provides a broad exposure compiled with a sound theoretical & practical knowledge along with the skills and positive attitudes.
- Provides Information Technology personal to cater to the demands in the next millennium.
- Provides a conceptual basis more advanced studies in Information Technology field.
At the end of the diploma the students should be able to
- Function as a software developer
- Use IT skills in the area of automation
- Make use of IT skills in decision making in an organization
- Train the personals in IT skills
HNDIT (Full Time) – 2 ½Years
HNDIT (Part Time) – 02 Years
- Should have obtained four passes at the GCE (A/L) Examination (Old syllabus) at one sitting. OR
- Should have obtained three passes at the GCE (A/L) Examination (New Syllabus) at one sitting. AND
- An ordinary pass in English and Mathematics at the GCE (O/L) Examination.
- Should have been Employed in IT related field. (Only for Part Time Students)
Accreditations & Exemptions
|Students completed HNDIT @ SLIATE are exempted at the Level I and Level II for certain course modules of the three year external degree program conducted at the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka leads to BIT program.|
|Birmingham City University of UK grant 2 year exemptions for the HNDIT Software Engineering program for their course leading to the B.Sc (Hons) degree.|