Overview of the Course
The National Diploma in Information Technology course has been formulated by the SLIATE with a view to produce the broadly needed expertise in the field of Information Technology for both private and public sector enterprises. The IT courses that are available in the country are catering only to a small privileged, affluent group of students. The purpose of the HNDIT course is to cater to a less privileged, sub urban and rural section of the student population in the country as well.
– Provide Information Technology personal to cater to the demands in the next millennium.
– Provide a conceptual basis for more advanced studies in information technology field.
At the end of the diploma the student should be able to:
– Function as a software developer.
– Train personals in IT skills.
– Use IT skills in the area of automation.
– Make use of IT skills in decision making in an organization.
Structure of the Course
This course consists of five semesters namely Semester I, Semester II, Semester III,Semester IV and Semester V. During the fifth semester students should complete the industrial training. The duration of each semester is 15 weeks.
Minimum Entry Qualification
– Those who have obtained the following qualifications are eligible to apply for the course.
– Three ordinary passes at one pass in Mathematics or Physics or Accountancy at the G.C.E. (Advanced Level) and
– Ordinary pass for English and Credit pass for Mathematics at G.C.E. (ordinary Level) and
– Age-not more than 23 years on the closing date of application.